Optel Sp. z o.o. (Ltd) is an innovative company established in 1989. Our company is a member of the Polish Chamber of Commerce for High Technology and the European Association for Biometrics – Human Identity in Europe. We offer a wide range of ultrasound equipment for NDE and NDT inspection system solutions. Our extensive expertise in many areas of ultrasound technology, a technically advanced laboratory and experienced engineers enable us to design and build sophisticated ultrasonic measurement systems for your business that meet the most demanding technical requirements. We design ultrasonic systems for automated and manual testing in on- and offline solutions for industrial and laboratory applications.
We can solve your technical problem and provide a cost-effective complete solution for ultrasonic measurement (NDE and NDT). And propose to you proven solution-based ultrasonic technology as a tool or solution for our new applications and process of production
Read what media have written about our company
Ultrasonic inspection systems for non destructive material testing (NDT)
Optel offers a wide range of ultrasonic inspection systems and technologies that can be used in various industries. From standard ultrasonic inspection systems to customized and advanced ultrasonic measurement systems for our customer's needs, meeting the most demanding technical requirements. We follow the Industry 4.0 trend towards automation and data exchange in technology and processes within the manufacturing industry, including IoT, IIoT, AI, and smart manufacturing and smart factories.
Ultrasonic instruments and devices
The opCard and opBox family of defectoscopes with opMux multiplexer are powerful, precise, multi-channel ultrasonic flaw detectors designed for use in NDT ultrasonic systems, but also suitable for other ultrasonic pulse measurements. Together with software that includes a set of customized tools for signal visualization and analysis, they provide the best solution for ultrasonic testing. Various configurations allow us to offer a wide range of devices and systems. Due to their versatility, flexibility, and easy-to-use software, opCard, opBox, and opMux are ideal for inspecting welds for cracks and volume defects, solder and coating joints for adhesion, wall thickness, corrugations, rods, tubes, and sheets, as well as plastics or fibers, or for any kind of material characterization with ultrasound. Easy to use as an OEM solution for your inspection systems.
Ultrasonic Transducers and Probes
Ultrasonic transducers are used for applications as diverse as flaw detection, thickness measurement, material property measurement, medical diagnostics, and also in power generation, oil and gas applications, and much more. We offer several different types of ultrasonic transducers. Standard options come in many styles, element diameters, frequencies, and connection types. We also offer custom probes. Our high-quality probes and transducers are available in a wide range of frequencies, configurations, connector types, and cable types to help you meet demanding inspection requirements.
Generators and analyzers for power ultrasound
The opGen high-power ultrasound generators are innovative and technologically advanced. The generators of the opGen family in the power range from 100 to 2000 W are designed for the increased requirements of high-power ultrasonic applications. The sophisticated control system is based on the impedance analysis of the transducer and is performed in real-time. It always ensures the best working conditions depending on the physical state of the system. The generators convert energy from the electrical supply network into a high-frequency sine/square/burst or sweep oscillation from 10kHz to 125kHz or 10-100kHz. Real-time control processes produce optimal ultrasonic oscillations.
Ultrasonic testing scanners
Our scanners are controlled by our software to make the scan that covers the inspection area and to capture the scan data that is needed in the customer application. Use one of our standard scanning solutions, or let us customize a scanning solution for your specific needs. We also offer different motor controls for scanners, depending on the equipment used in the application.
Biometric and Medical application
Since 1989, we focused on the development of ultrasonic fingerprint readers based on ultrasonic holography. This was the reason why we have accumulated a unique and highly developed know-how and knowledge in many fields of ultrasonic technology during these years. This is a very good background for the development of new and very innovative systems for other medical applications, such as early detection of breast cancer, ultrasonic holographic scanners for measurement and visualization of teeth and maxillary sinuses, holographic sonography for visualization and monitoring of changes in lung tissue, especially caused by COVID -19 and many other medical applications.
Research at OPTEL is carried out across a number of different channels in partnership with industrial partners and research and technology organizations, academic institutions and enterprises.
The National Center for Research and Development (NCBiR)
Funded by the European Union
Research and Development projects
We analyze the testability of your components and create suitable test concepts. This can be final testing in production, series testing, or random batch testing. Through the individual testing of e.g. prototypes we support the development and the exclusion of problems for future production.
We provide our customers with complete technical support, spare part supply as well as repairs and other Systems for all their own and their partners' products. We offer our customers the examination and calibration of ultrasonic instruments and systems according to various standards and inspection requirements. Our high qualified personnel performs the examination with constantly calibrated measuring instruments. All measurements are being documented and summarized in a test report.
Years on the market, since 1989!
Research Projects Projects
Research Projects under Framework Programmes EU and NCBiR
Number of online ndt systems
Ultrasonic inspection systems
- Ultrasonic system for NDT and object detection
- Ultrasonic system for testing of sensitive components inline and offline
- System for testing gear wheels welded with electron beam
- Nondestructive testing of Welded Thin-Walled Tubular Components of shock absorbers, axle shafts and transmission shafts
- Nondestructive testing of cooling modules and components both for combustion engines, hybrid and purely electric cars
- 3D (holographic) air ultrasound camera for 100% measurement of objects with an accuracy in the sub-micrometer range
- Helically submerged arc-welded pipes SAWH
- Longitudinally submerged arc-welded pipes SAWL
- High frequency welded – induction steel pipes HFW / HFI / ERW
- SAW Spiral & Helix Weld Inspection
- SAW Transverse and Longitudinal Weld Inspection
- ERW Weld Inspection
- Seamless Tube and Pipe Inspection
The cost-effective complete solution for the ultrasonic measurement for superior raw material savings and stable product quality. Highly precise measuring values of wall thicknesses diameter, eccentricity, ovality, material consumption as well as statistic of production.
- Pressure and Gas Pipe
- Multilayer and corrugated pipe; Hot Water Pipe
Ultrasonic inspection of rubber products and hydraulic hoses
Ultrasonic testing of aluminium extrusion billets
Phased Array Measurement Techniques - automatic scanners for quality control of fillet welds of nozzles and examination of sandwich defects in nuclear reactor cooling systems
The ultrasonic measuring system detects inhomogeneities in panel-shaped materials, such as wood-based panels
- High-performance ultrasonic testing system for testing of safety components in the industry
- Early detection of mechanical damage by ultrasound
- Ultrasonic systems for the manufacturing of complex parts for the automotive and aeronautical
- Ultrasonic flaw detectors
- Real-time quality metering of propanated biomethane
- Ultrasonic measuring the velocity of sound in gases and quantitative characterization of binary gas mixtures
- Technology and measuring instrument for express control of the quality of natural gas
- Ultrasonic system for the food industry
- Comparison of quality of cured meat with ultrasonic methods
- Testing of ripeness of some fruits
- Early detection of breast cancer
- Ultrasonic holographic scanner for measurement and visualization of teeth, jawbone cavities
- Holographic sonograph for visualization and monitoring of changes in lung tissues, especially caused by COVID-19
- Ultrasonic holographic scanner for fingerprint
- Ultrasonic fingerprint reader
- UT Probes and transducers
- Speed of sound measurement
- Ultrasonic cavitation meter
- Ultrasonic power generators
- Sonotrodes (horns) and power transducers
opCard Ultrasonic Testing Card (Flaw detectors)
opBox - Ultrasonic testing boxes (Flaw detectors)
Ultrasonic Pulser & Receiver
UT Probes and transducers
opCav - Ultrasonic cavitation meter
Ultrasonic power generators
opHigh Power UT
Sonotrodes (horns) and power transducers
Speed of sound measurment